We’re always looking for new team-members. See below for the current opportunities for employment at Montana Sulphur & Chemical Company.
Open the application and open in Adobe Reader and then save and send the completed application to Montana Sulphur & Chemical Company using link above. Must open application in Adobe Reader, you will not be able to save the application from a web browser.
Experience: Preferred, in this field.
Work: Full time (40 hours schedule)
Degree: Yes. Minimum High School or G.E.D., or Technical school diploma. Relevant post-secondary credits considered.
Salary: DOE (Depending on Experience), plus benefits
Must Lift: Over 75 lbs.
Shifts: day shift, week days, typically *
Driver License: Standard, CDL preferred.
Days Off: weekends, typically*
Endorse: as suitable
Typing: some keyboard experience desired
Vehicle Req: No. Must have own transport to/from work
City, Co.,State: BILLINGS ,YELLOWSTONE ,MT (Lockwood Area)
* Typically, M-F (five 8-hour work days), or M-Thu or Tue-Friday (four 10-hour work days), as required by management. Unpaid meal break at midday. Two other paid breaks designated by mgt. Some overtime, weekend, holiday or night work may be required due to business needs, for example, during turnarounds, rush projects or emergencies.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants may apply in person, at:
Montana Sulphur & Chemical Company
627 Exxon Road
Billings, MT 59101
Ask for Woody.
Be prepared to complete company application. Bring references.
Close Date: Open until filled.
click here to download our employment application. Click here to submit application to Montana Sulphur & Chemical Company.
Established Billings, Montana chemical manufacturing company is seeking a qualified Welder/Pipefitter for sulfur recovery plant. Candidates should have strong work ethic, ability to focus on quality, listen well, follow instructions, learn quickly, get along with others, have good interpersonal skills and be willing to train and assist others. The position may be physically demanding, requiring lifting, ability to climb ladders, work at heights, and work outdoors in all seasons; willing to work overtime when needed, including some holiday, weekend and/or night work when required.
Welding, Cutting, Fabrication and Pipefitting, Layout, Planning, Documentation Skills, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Safe Lifting, valid driver license, good verbal communication skills, Problem Solving, Dependability, Self-motivating, flexibility; Works well with others; able to work alone or independently when appropriate; indoor and outdoor work; must pass medical physical exam and drug testing, be able to read, write, and perform simple math. Able and willing to work at heights, climb, work in confined spaces, and properly use PPE. Minimum age: 18. Proof of citizenship or valid work permit. Candidates with well-rounded work experience preferred.
* Installs/repairs piping and structural work by measuring, layout, cutting, grinding, welding, threading, using hand tools and mechanized equipment. Works primarily with carbon steel, some stainless. Limited soldering and brazing.
* Determines and follows appropriate welding techniques. Verifies welding results by inspecting and testing welds. Certifies on additional techniques as needed.
* Maintains safe work environment by following procedures and policies; complying with laws and regulations, and properly using PPE, including respirators. Participate actively in training, actively assists/encourages other employees in working safely and efficiently.
* Good stewardship and care of company time and physical assets, tools, and supplies. Treat others with courtesy and respect.
* Assist other workers, including providing training and mentoring for others
* Follows instructions and completes paperwork accurately and promptly. Seeks clarification when needed and makes constructive suggestions for improvement or alternatives when appropriate.
* Other duties as designated by management.
Desirable experience: hot-tap, (stainless and carbon steel work), pressure piping systems; TIG/MIG/Wire-feed equipment experience; confined space work; ultrasonic thickness testing; forklift, loader/backhoe, crane/rigging experience; experience in oil, gas, and/or chemical work, PPE including respirator experience; familiarity with fall-protection gear; plant turnaround experience; pump, compressor, and/or valve work; Lockout/Tagout experience; HazMat work; R-stamp procedures; boiler work; clear writing skills, basic computer skills (email, browser, Excel, Word, texting); safe driving record; truck driving or farm equipment; mechanical repairs, maintenance, CDL, crane license, boiler license, job-related certifications.
Employee provides transport to/from work, suitable work clothing, work-boots, and meals. Must maintain own phone (cell or landline) for employer contact.
Employer provides tools, equipment, supplies, site-specific training, specialized PPE, parking, kitchen/break areas. Employer currently provides a well-rounded, extensive slate of benefits and benefit options to regular employees. One-year probation applies. Statutory benefits become available on uniform schedules and conditions to regular, temporary and probationary status employees including: worker compensation, UEC, and generous “flex”, health insurance, dental, life, 401(k) plans.